The Child’s World, Third Edition is out now. The highly anticipated follow up to 2009’s influential text and bestseller has impressed early readers, so what is all the fuss about? To see what’s in the book and how it has been overhauled and improved from the previous edition click the image below.
The Child’s World, Third Edition provides information on best practice for assessing the needs and strengths of vulnerable children and their families. Explored inside are the challenges that practitioners routinely face along with suggestions on how to address them. This Third Edition has been almost entirely rewritten and extended substantially to include the most recent practice, policy and theoretical developments.
- Promotes understanding of the lived experiences of children, young people, and family members
- Considers children’s neurological development
- Covers issues in assessing parental capacity to change
- Includes discussion on early help assessments
- Emerging areas of practice are discussed such as child sexual exploitation, and working with asylum-seeking and trafficked children
- Comprehensive and multi-disciplinary – new edition has widened in scope to cover early help as well as child protection, in working with vulnerable children
- The importance of inter-professional working is emphasised throughoutPaperback: £26.99