With the recent move to remote learning for many of the UK’s students, it is our intention to support teachers and parents in their efforts to bring the classroom to children’s homes.
We are therefore granting limited permission to teachers who wish to share recorded readings of our books online for students to access and enjoy. If you would like to record a reading of a JKP book, we ask that you follow these short guidelines:
- Firstly, permission should be requested by emailing Lily Bowden (email@example.com.) Please state your name, school, location and the title of the book you’d like to read.
- At the beginning of the reading, please state the name of the book, the author, and that you have been given permission to read it by Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Please only post your video through your school’s private platform or through another closed group or platform with limited access for only your students. (If you’re unsure if your platform qualifies, please do ask us.)
- Once posted, the video can remain online until 30th September 2020. At this point, videos should be deleted or removed. (Please ask us if you require an extension.)
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer free books to teachers or parents wishing to record readings.
You might be interested in our books that could help children make sense of the current situation, such as Something Bad Happened, or that help children manage their big feelings, like anxiety or worry. All our children’s books can be viewed on our website here. Do feel free to ask us for recommendations – we will be happy to provide some!
We would love to know which books you chose to read! Tag us on social media and let us know:
Twitter – @JKPBooks, Instagram – @JKPBooks, Facebook –@JessicaKingsleyPublishers
We would appreciate the opportunity to share clips from your videos in our future marketing, to show how our books can be used in practical settings – do let us know if you wouldn’t be open to this.